chickpea casserole with spices, chickpeas, tomatoes, a lirac
- Number of people: 6
- Preparation time:30 minutes
- Cooking time:45 minutes
- Degree of difficulty: Easy
- Cost Inexpensive
800 g of chickpeas, cooked in their natural state (homemade or canned) 400 g of diced tomatoes in their natural state (canned) 1 clove of garlic 1 onion 4 tbsp. to s. chopped flat-leaf parsley and coriander leaves, mixed 1 tsp. to c. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. to c. paprika 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp. to c. ground ginger 1 pinch of Cayenne 1 tsp. to c. powdered sugar 3 tbsp. to s. olive oil salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Drain the chickpeas and rinse them if they are canned.
2. Melt the onion for 10 minutes over low heat with the olive oil in a casserole dish. When it is very tender, sprinkle with the spices and the sugar, add the garlic and the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 min.
3. Put the chickpeas in the sauce, stir and cook for another 15 minutes, adding a little water if the evaporation is too strong.
4. Taste, adjust the seasoning, add the chopped herbs and serve hot.